Who we are
Barcanet Limited (Barcanet) provides audit, analytics and business improvement services based in UK. We utilise experienced, subject-matter-experts along with market leading technology to help customers reduce costs, generate efficiencies and improve business performance. Company number 09373937.
We hold information about you to provide you with a better service from Barcanet. This ensures we understand how Barcanet is fulfilling its objectives of making things better, simpler & cheaper for businesses, and enabling its people to make good, effective, data-driven decisions.
Developing a better understanding of our clients and supporters through their personal data allows us to make better decisions for us and for them. We will only send marketing communications to those that have explicitly stated that they are happy for us to do so.
We collect personal information that can identify you from areas such as, but not limited to;
- Enquiry forms via our website
- Enquires via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Correspondence, meetings and/or discussions with our employees and associates
- Enquiries via our phone number
What personal data we collect and how we use it
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
If you contact us via enquiry forms on our website, we will collect all or some of the following data:
- Job title
- Work email
If you contact us with an enquiry via email, meeting or phone, we will collect all or some of the following data:
- Job title
- Work email
- Preferred method of contact
How we use your data
We will mainly use your data to:
- Provide you with the information on relevant products and services
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted, if at all
- Understand our clients and wider audiences to improve our products and services
We also use data to improve Barcanet, and understand the needs of our clients. To do this, we may combine your personal data with information from third party organisations to better understand the interests and requirements of our clients.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the service you have subscribed to and to keep in touch.
Under The General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (GDPR), we will only send you marketing communications with your consent.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
How we keep your data safe
We ensure there are appropriate technical, policy and process controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained Barçanet staff.
Some of our suppliers may run their operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to same data protection laws as companies based in the UK, we will take steps to ensure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
Keeping your information up to date
Please notify us if your personal information changes.
Disclaimer of liability
- The material and information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, Barçanet makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Barcanet will not be liable for any false, inaccurate, inappropriate or incomplete information presented on the website.
- Although every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly, due to the nature of the Internet and the technology involved, Barcanet takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues (or otherwise) beyond its control or for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of or access to, or inability to use or access this website whatsoever.
- Certain links in this website will lead to websites which are not under the control of Barcanet. When you activate these you will leave the Barcanet website. Barcanet has no control over and accepts no liability in respect of materials, products or services available on any website which is not under the control of Barcanet.
- To the extent not prohibited by law, in no circumstances shall Barcanet be liable to you or any other third parties for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use, this site or any of the material contained in it.
- These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Liability is not limited by the above disclaimers in relation to death or personal injury arising from negligence on the part of Barcanet.
- Whilst precautions are taken to detect computer viruses and ensure security, Barcanet cannot guarantee that the website is virus-free and secure. Barcanet shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may occur as a result of any virus or breach of security.
- Whilst making every attempt to secure personal data, Barcanet cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond the control of the Barcanet.
Links to other websites
Any external links from this website to other sites are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Barcanet of any of the products, services or opinions of the business or individual.
Barcanet bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links.
Please contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Your right to know what we know about you, make changes or ask us to stop using your information
You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data, and if it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for, we will do so. Contact us on email@example.com if you have any queries or concerns.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you If there are any discrepancies in the information we provide, please let us know and we will correct them.
If you want to access your information, please send this request and proof of your identity by post to The Director, Barcanet Limited, Thornton Science Park, Pool Lane, Chester, CH2 4NU. We do not accept these requests by email so we can ensure that we only provide personal data to the right person.